18 August 2006

3 Weeks

I leave New Zealand in 21 days, 5 hours and 6 minutes, according to my clock right now. It's an odd feeling, still not having felt the weight of the upcoming event.

I was supposed to be going to Stewart Island tomorrow with Donald and Daniel but since it's super busy this weekend there are no hotel rooms left that are any cheaper than $160 a night. Donald and Daniel aren't going and so I'm not either. I may go during the week after Ray leaves.

Oh yeah I don't know if I said this already; Ray Love who I know from young adults group back home in Ontario, is coming to New Zealand from Brisbane. He is coming here just before going back to Ontario, which I think is a great opportunity for him. So he needs a place to stay and someone to be a tour guide for him on a few days so I offered to help him out. It'll be a good time, although I still have some work to do and won't be able to walk him through everything.

So he gets here on Sunday and now that we're not going to Stewart Island, I have to drive out to pick him up rather than just get him on our way back from the island. It's okay though coz I'm always up for getting out of Te Anau and into a bit more (but not much) hustle and bustle. It also means fast food treats (haha - I know, I'm suffering it out for God's work).

And not going to Stewart Island also means saving money - which is another one of those things that I need to do. I mean I know I wouldn't be spending probably more than $150 or $200 while there (since everything else is for free) but every penny counts and if I'm paying that much for a hotel room for one night then stuff that I idea. I know I'll be back here someday for a visit and I'll make sure I get down to the island. Besides, I might be able to make it out sometime during the week and hopefully will be able to get my hands on some cheap or free accommodation.

Tonight is the 2nd last week of QUEST at the Edge. The kids are really enjoying it so far and we're getting anywhere from 12-17 kids per night, which is pretty good! We also got our vending machien delivered today so soon we'll be able to offer the kids some drinks as well - but not until we get the pop to go in it. Ha.

Well now it's taken me forever to update this because i got distracted.

I have shipped some stuff home but am not looking forward to having to try to get the rest of it home now that I don't know if I'll be able to bring anything on the plane with me. Ack. Shipping is sooooo expensive!

So that's the update for now, I guess.

20 days, 23 hours, 36 minutes. (!!!!)

1 Comments:

At 18/8/06 4:22 pm, Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

it's exciting to think you'll be back in Canada with us, even if you're still three provinces too far east...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home