05 August 2006

Sign, Sign, Everywhere a Sign!

Okay so I don't even know if those are the exact lyrics in the title but I have WONDERFUL NEWS!!!

So I've been asking God to give me some more confirmation lately because some people seem to be at some form of unrest about when I should be going. There have been questions regarding my commitment to this position and whether or not I'm "actually" certain that this is the right thing to do...I keep being told by the doubters to pray more and "actually" seek God's input for this, as though I haven't been already.

But in LESS than 24 hours, my friends, I have inquired about two jobs that I would be really very keen to do...let me tell you the story.

Yesterday morning (for me) mom mentioned that someone she knows has a daughter who works at Ruffins Pet Center on Upper Ottawa in Hamilton. She said that someone is leaving and they need a person starting in September to take her place. Dude, this seemed perfect to me so I made a plan to ring the manager and ask how I can apply for the position. I would have to wait until about 1:30 am my time last night in order to get a hold of her.

In the meantime, I went into work and doddled around most of the day, doing little random tasks and trying to get my life sorted out before leaving, and I decided to check the CIBC job website because mom said it would be best for me to do that just in case I didn't get another job - at least I could work at the bank and at least it's good money.

So I went to the website and searched for any possible listed jobs in Hamilton, Ontario for the CIBC Company. There were two (whoopdeedoo)...one was some sort of Brokerage job and the other caught my eye immediately.

"Customer Service Representative, Contract - Part Time (Approximately 1 Year)
Location: Mt. Albion & Greenhill"

That is when my heart started racing and my eyes went blurry and I got so much adrenaline pumped through me and I panicked because I HAD to apply for it RIGHT then and there. If I did not apply for it in that moment, I was certain that it would no longer be posted within 5 minutes and someone else would take the job.

Why did I think it would go so quickly? Because Mt. Albion is the BEST branch in the WORLD to work at! You know how I know this? Yeah some of you do - because that's where I got most of my work experience at CIBC. I was a Saturday girl and casual teller when I had school holidays there. I went to all the work do's and made wonderful friends with most of the girls there.

Only three days ago, I had given up on the thought that perhaps Mt. Albion would need me, because I know that they're such a tight-knit set of girls who have been there for years and years and years, and so no one would be quitting any time soon. And even if someone was, it would be sad if I were taking their position. BUT anyways, they only need someone two days a week (Friday and Saturday) and that leaves room for me to find another job as well, and I won't be working there enough for me to go absolutely crazy (CIBC can do that to you).

Soooo I applied for the job. I rang the manager of the branch to tell her I was applying for it and that I would be home soon for a while. I knew I would have to wait til I woke up this morning to hear back from the bank because when I rang Susan, it was in the middle of the night for them and I figured they are really busy on Saturdays so it was best to just have patience. In the meantime, I rang the pet store.

After I told her I would be taking a part time Animal Care program and that I heard she was hiring soon, she said "Yes we're hiring VERY soon. We're losing one of our best girls to vet tech school and we might be losing another to school as well." She told me the hours they're looking for and it seemed to be absolutely perfect to suit my schedule with school. She talked to me as though I were already hired, though it's not official or confirmed yet, and said to fax her my resume as soon as I can and we'll be in touch.

I mean all I had to do was call her and even though she was busy cleaning up puppy poo, she was thrilled that I rang to ask about a job! So hopefully that works out nicely! I went to bed excited and praying for a solid bit of confirmation again. I hardly slept last night.

I woke up to an email inbox of 9 messages. Only about 4 were worth reading but I saw a title that said it was from some girl named Lora Rallis and the subject was "Job posting for CSR". I was like "whaaat how is CIBC getting back to me this early, and the manager of the branch hasn't yet?!"

Turns out the manager forwarded the message on to another girl in the branch, who emailed me back and said "Susan sent me your message. You're hired! Send a resume to ______. Are you coming home for good now or what?" It was one of my favourite girls all along, just going by her new married name that I apparently missed and forgot about!

Oh these Italian girls...hehe.

So yeah - I'm emailing my resume to one more person in the bank and apparently I'm guaranteed to be working Fridays and Saturdays at my home sweet home. The BRAT of Mt Albion is back, yo! w00t w00t!

So I mean, you can see why I'm totally excited. I have been looking for confirmation and some how a sign that I can also put in my pocket that God is really wanting me to go home at this time. He has opened so many windows that the draft is knocking me over! I have a job for sure - and although it's not much, it's still enough to say that I can pay my share of the rent - and the other job will make up for the rest of the money that should be getting paid back to school debt (if I get the pet store one).

Yay for exciting news! I'm employed and I'm not even in the country I'm employed in. hehe...

That's my story. The End.

3 Comments:

At 5/8/06 2:47 pm, Blogger Bobbi said...

Hey Jacquie...I'm behind you all the way. I know how difficult it can be when people don't see your reasoning for coming home so soon...it's like the story of my life...and yet God has chosen to honour my decision to follow where He leads. I'll send you my story about the past couple years sometime, and you'll see why I completely relate...it started with CBC. :D One thing I've learned though...make sure that it's not a peaceful decision, (which usually means comfort zone) but that you have peace about the decision. There's a big difference. I know that God has called you to make a huge impact on this world, and His steps for you might not be the same as yours, but don't loose sight of your passion! I'm praying for you, and I can't wait to see you! If you're sure this peace is from God, then I have peace. Goodnight!
~Laura

 
At 6/8/06 11:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehehe you are truly a fleet i always hear no jobs i at 60 got one david got one within 2 weeks back in canada and you who who yeh laura is the sister in law of my new boss gloris rallis at the macmaster credit union congrats

 
At 6/8/06 12:10 pm, Blogger Just Jaq said...

aww yeah I figured she was going to somehow be related to gloria - i had remembered mom mentioning that a LONG time ago once I recognized the name Rallis! I wondered what Gloria was up to these days and now I know! hehe

good luck at the new job! woohoo for you getting out of CIBC ;) like I said, it's enough to drive you crazy most days!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home