07 April 2006

Double the Fun!!!

Okay so lately those of us involved in this youth ministry have been praying for quite a few things to happen - one is that things would get smoothed out for me to be able to find a more suitable accomodation situation because it is a bit of a conflict of interest living with two people who oversee my job. The other is that we would be able to get our hands on an office space for me so that I'm not working out of my house, wherever I end up living.

So things have been moving along quite nicely. In fact, they're better than nice! Because now it turns out that not only do I have a nice little space where I can set up an office, but I have been offered a fair-sized building that has office space AND enough room to be able to run youth programs and have a hang-out centre for them!!!

I mean, this is certainly something that was not necessarily expected, but yesterday when I had the lady from the Fiordland Focus (local newspaper) come and do an article about me, she suggested to Karl and I that the old Vet building (a new one has just been built beside it) was vacant and they might be willing to rent it out to us. So Karl gave them a shout and he found out that not ONLY are they willing to let us use the space, but all that they've asked us to pay for is the power we use!!! How amazing! I didn't even want to go as far as asking for a youth space for the kids to come - I was just going to dress up the shed in the back of the church and make it a nice comfy place but now...this is SWEET!

So I just found out this morning...and I'm going to go check it out early in the week (probably Tuesday) because today is super busy for me with two youth events to now plan. How crazy am I...

But at least now I'll have a place to set up and concentrate on my work! YAY! And the kids can come over during their lunch break at the college (high school) coz it's not even a block away from the school!

So things have been looking up quite nicely the past while! Well now it's back to work. Lots to do before tonight...see ya later!

3 Comments:

At 7/4/06 5:39 pm, Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

That - is awesome! The youth will love a big building to chill in. I reccomend couches, a pool table, and a slurpee machine. Trust me, God is in favour of slurpees, He'll arrange it for ya somehow! I'm glad to see how God is blessing things for you. To quote a great American: "Yaaaaaay!" (Kermit the Frog, in case you were wondering)(picture his arms waving around wildly!)

 
At 7/4/06 9:21 pm, Blogger Just Jaq said...

haha thanks Darrell. I was quite excited myself. Checked out the whole building today -it needs a LOT of work as far as cleaning and some painting and clearing the clutter...but it's a very promising little place.
Lots of potential.
I'm all about having a big "Extreme Makeover" hayday.
Woohoo!

 
At 8/4/06 2:34 am, Blogger Charlie and Lindsey said...

That is awesome Jacquie! Congratulations!
Love,
One of the Stacey Clan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home