19 March 2006

Daylight Savings

As you all know, it's that time of year for daylight savings switches.

God has to have a sense of humour, as I'm sure He's already had a chuckle or two at me trying to figure out time differences on my fingers and toes. And of course to confuse things further, He put different parts of the world in different seasons so that when some are "springing forward", others are "falling back" and therefore making it much more difficult to figure out who's time in the what now world it is.

Yes, that was a purposely incorrect sentence.

Anyways...so as I am falling back and all you are springing forward, it now creates a 2 hour time difference from when we already were.

Say it's 12 noon here in New Zealand...in the old time it would be 4 pm in Calgary/Cranbrook and 6 pm in Hamilton/Caledonia/Fisherville.

Now that I've fallen back and you haven't sprung forward yet, that noon is now 11 and you are still in 4 and 6. And in a matter of hours that noon for me will be 11 and you will all be in 5 and 7.

So to make it somewhat simpler...I am now 18 hours a head of Alberta and 16 hours a head of Ontario.

To make it simple in Jacquie language. If you're in Calgary, count back 6 and think of it as tomorrow. If you're in Ontario, count back 8 hours and think of it as tomorrow.

Capeche?

Good. :) I didn't think so...hehe.

At least I understand it. And I hope I remember for when I call home...Ontario is almost opposite here so if I want to talk to my parents at a decent time (like when mom gets home from work) I have to call right when I wake up! Yikes. Or I could call before I go to bed and they'll all just be waking up.

This thinking hurts my brain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home