04 April 2006

What Not to Wear - Jacquie Edition

Okay so to update you all on what's been going on lately...

Things are really getting good around here as far as my attitude and a lot of the circumstances go. I'm feeling less helpless and less lonely and tension is dissolving. So all in all, things are looking up.

However, this week coming up is a busy one. Fusion AND The Edge are being run starting this week. I have that exam still to write, and a bunch of other side things to take care of - meeting with the boss about setting goals and all that stuff - having meetings about my living situation and probably moving into Rae's place by the end of the week (if things aren't too busy).

But yesterday was a great day. I went into Invercargill (big city about 1:45 away) to do some shopping for work clothes. I figured that I certainly have to start dressing the part if I'm going to feel like a working lass. So I spent way too much money but got a decent new wardrobe that certainly is not anything I'd typically wear, however it does suit me, I think.

So the new items in Jacquie's closet that have never before made an appearance...
A blue dress shirt - with a modern pattern and an asian-style collar. Elbow length sleeves (ideal for Jacquie who hates anything past her elbows)
A white button down dress shirt with a funky print down the right side
Two sleeveless shirts - one dark green and one black - for the basic "under the button down shirt" feel
One pair of classy jeans - black with a bit of shiny white
One pair of basic black dress pants (a must-have for any girls wardrobe)
One pair of punk-ish pants - black with green, brown and beige asian embroidery down the right leg (goes well with the right-side-patterened button down shirt)
One skirt (!!!)...hard to explain but very popular these days
One black leather-ish purse (classy indeed)
Three pairs of shoes:
- black and white canvas (came as the "free" third pair of shoes so I figured I'd buy something not work-related)
- brown chunky-heel sandals - very cute
and finally...the item of clothing to set me on the hypocrites list for life...
- one pair black, cowboy-flavoured POINTY TOED BOOTS

Yes, my friends, I do believe I've gone mad. Yikes!

So that's my shopping story. I also picked up a few other things that weren't clothing-related. But then I also decided to spend the night in a motel because I was out all day and had a meeting in the evening that wouldn't get out til well after 9 and then I'd have to try to drive home at night after a long tiring day out. So I went to a classy little motel (or an average little motel) and treated myself to a relaxing night and an over-price hot breakfast in the morning.

It was a really great day, I'll say. Gave me a good chance to just get away and have a bit of fun trying on clothes - though I spent an hour or more in the shoe store with a sour look on my face. I hate shoe shopping with a passion. And I avoided the pointy-shoe aisle for nearly the whole time I was in that store...but in the end I buckled down, because I could hear "Clint and Stacey" in my ear, reminding me that every girl needs a classy pair of pointy shoes...

So that's my story. It's been a good week, and th coming week is going to be busy. That means I'm a little behind in getting my newsletter out but I'm sure that at some point during this week when I feel like procrastinating, I'll do that by working on the newsletter.

Talk to you soon. Maybe sometime I'll put some girly pictures of Jacquie up here in her new clothes....

Yikes.

3 Comments:

At 4/4/06 1:53 pm, Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

I call pointy toed boots THE KICKING BOOTS. Completely cruel, completely lethal. Just remember that we're friends. I'm one of the good ones (oh please let her remember I'm one of the good ones...)

 
At 5/4/06 3:20 am, Blogger Charlie and Lindsey said...

Good for you Jackers! It sounds like things are going well. We sure miss you here.
Love,
Lindsey

 
At 24/4/06 12:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mindy said...
Jackson! I'm sure glad you got to hang out with College Kids and that you're doing well. by the way, which of Driedg's cousins was it? We're praying for you out here, kiddo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home