25 March 2006

Juuuuuuuust Relaxin'

Well John and Fiona have been gone since Wednesday, and I realized only today that yesterday was my 9 year anniversary for busting up my leg. I believe it was on the 23rd of March...right? I think so...

It was a Sunday in 1997 so that has to be the date...and therefore, yes it was yesterday. Wow...how weird!

It's funny how life changes and how everything happens for a reason. I wouldn't be here today if I was still dancing, that's for sure...life would be very different.

So tonight I'm celebrating. I'm making my very first lasagne all on my own. Okay so I bought the precooked noodles and jar of sauce and pre-shredded cheese but give me a break here! hehe...

It's in the oven right now and I also bought some hot dog buns (or "long rolls" as they call them here) and garlic butter. I'm gunna make a salad, too...I think this will be a nice little quiet evening.

I rented 3 movies. HA! There are three different genres: Action (Mr. & Mrs. Smith which I heard was terrible but I'm giving it a go anyways), Comedy (Christmas with the Kranks, which I also heard wasn't all that great but I wanted to see it) and Children (Five Children & IT, which has the little boy from Finding Neverland and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - it looks cute).

So it's going to be a nice night with great food (and far too much of it...I went all out on this dang lasagne!) and wonderful company (NOBODY! WOOHOO!)...and that is all.

Congratulations to Jo and Chris Smith - their first baby is due October 15th!!! YAY!!!

(Okay so I've been bugging them to have a baby since before they were married...I'm allowed to be super excited!)

The End!

9 Comments:

At 26/3/06 5:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My finger was on a Sunday as well! Creepy. Let's get together and sing U2 songs. (Mr and Mrs Smith was actually amusing. I've seen it twice.) Talk to you soon.

 
At 26/3/06 8:54 am, Blogger Just Jaq said...

Well hello "Anonymous"...I think you're turning into a certain Jen Hurrell, saying one thing and then COMPLETELY DENYING IT LATER! You're the one who told me how much it sucked - didn't you go see it with your family and you thought it was terrible?! I'm pretty sure I remember you saying that, silly.
It's like when Jen said "I don't like chocolate and peanut butter together. It's just not right." on VIDEO CAMERA and then going the other way like a year later and saying it's her favourite...
Who are these girls?!?! Is it your job in life to confuse and humiliate me? hehe

 
At 27/3/06 7:45 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No? Not even a titter?

 
At 27/3/06 10:31 am, Blogger Just Jaq said...

Okay let's not get all "after school special" on me here. Your tactics to lure me into happy-go-lucky land is not going to work on me "Anonymous"!

:)
Dang. Haha.

 
At 28/3/06 1:09 pm, Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

TITTER!

 
At 28/3/06 2:09 pm, Blogger Just Jaq said...

ha. yup. what'd i tell ya, "anonymous"? it's just a silly word that should NOT be used in that saying.
let's stick with twitter.
:)

 
At 28/3/06 6:14 pm, Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

hey, did someone tell you to break a leg before a performance and you took them too literally? And if so, do you often take things to literally? And if so, bake me a cake!

 
At 28/3/06 6:15 pm, Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

okay, that last comment may not have made as much sense as i desired. i was distracted by thoughts of cake.

 
At 28/3/06 11:10 pm, Blogger Just Jaq said...

No, actually in all my years of dancing I never had anything worse than a sprain.
I broke my leg running on wet grass at Mike's (my brother) 13th birthday party...I stole his best friends hat and ran. Shawn (his best friend) chased me. I slipped and well...the rest, as they say, is history.
A lot of things were history after that, if you want to take it literally. Ha.
Anyways, the end. I'm all about cake...sadly I don't take things literally. Sorry Darrell.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home