23 March 2006

Visiting Night

So today has been mostly a day of trying to sort out my head and heart. I talked to mom on the phone. That was good...and I got to talk to my brother.

Happy Birthday, Mike!

I also talked to my mom's cousin (so my cousin, I guess) Lynne from up in Ottawa. It was really good to talk to someone who knows me well enough but is also quite objective in all these situations, so it turned out really well.

One thing that she suggested was to hang out with the people who support me and care about me here. Even though I have the house to myself this week, it's healthy for me to get out and be with the positive people surrounding me.

So tonight I went to Bethany's (one of the younger women from the Prezzy church - we work well on worship team together and she holds small group at her house every week) for some ice cream and tea. We talked a bit, but mostly we were watching the Biggest Loser. While eating ice cream. Ha.

She is the complete opposite of what I thought...she reminded me in so many ways of my friend Monique...in the way she speaks and her looks and she seems to be so reserved in a lot of ways. But she's actually just a goof at heart, and her love language is sarcasm and taking the mickey outta ya.

She makes fun of me a lot. Ha. That makes me happy.

So then afterwards I went to Belinda's place - she is also from the Prezzy church. She's probably one of the closest people to my age around here that I can hang out with (she's 27). We started planning a road trip up the coast and into Christchurch and back down the centre of the South Island. It was good to sit and talk about our cross cultural experiences, because she was an au pair in Boston and so we had a long talk about culture shock and all the different words that they use here compared to in North America.

So all in all, today has been fairly emotional in some ways but have been looking up. I'm still feeling down but tomorrow I'm meeting with Karl about some issues that have been going down around here. So hopefully tomorrow will be better. And hopefully I can get a hold of Emma when I try again tomorrow.

The End.

Hopefully tonight won't include another spell of insomnia. But I feel it coming on again...*trying to be positive, however*.

Goodnight.

1 Comments:

At 24/3/06 12:13 pm, Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

when you're feeling like an insomniac, that's just God's way of telling you that you need to learn how to juggle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home