12 March 2006

Happy Birthday to Me

Three years ago today (well, yesterday if you want to be literal - but I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to relate to 9/11 as really 9/12 because we're a day ahead...) I became a Christian in the Simpson Chapel at CBC in Regina.

I only just thought of that now...pretty weird where my life would have been today had things been way different.

This morning the "Covenant Players" drama team came to the Baptist church, and a lot of people from different churches around the town came to see them perform. They are an international Christian Drama group and were really quite funny.

I got up to speak beforehand, about the youth ministry and stuff because there were so many people and therefore they would be more informed. Most of the people at the Baptist church have no idea who I am even though I've been here 2 months.

Then we had an open house so I had to get out and find something to do for a while. I went to Bethany's - one of the younger ladies from the Prezzy church (also the piano player that I normally do worship with). We get along pretty well because we're fairly close in age (she's somewhere before 30 though I'm not sure of the exact age). Anyways, it was a pretty good little hour and a half because in the middle of one of Bethany's sentences, her almost-year-old daughter Hannah took her very first steps on her own!

She shrieked "Hannah just took her first st - SECOND STEP!" (she took two in a row and plunked over). She then ran outside to get her husband Richard and then we spent the rest of the hour or so with the digital camera trying to coax her back into walking but it was obvious her legs were getting tired from all that forced work.

I'd never seen a baby's first steps before. I was really proud to share that moment - it was magnificent!

So now I'm back in the house and we'll find out soon if we've got a buyer. Apparently someone has been fairly interested in it. We'll have to wait and see, I guess.

That's about all. Nothing overly exciting. Youth was good the other night. Not too big, still...but we had a couple new girls show up and I think they enjoyed themselves. We're having a movie night this Friday instead of the Famine because everything has seemed to fall through on that.

So much for 10-15 hours worth of Jacquie's work. Hmm.

C'est la vie.

Happy Jesus Day to Me!

2 Comments:

At 12/3/06 6:27 pm, Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

i'm glad you decided to stick around. heaven will be much more entertaining...

 
At 12/3/06 11:17 pm, Blogger Just Jaq said...

dude, you and me! what a pair...watch out heaven!

coming soon (hopefully not too soon) to heaven: Jacquie and Darrell's Excellent Adventures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home