13 March 2006

Lord of the Rings, Here I Come!

Today is my day off.

And really, if you think about it, today is my real "Jesus Birthday" so I'm going to spend it out in the bush.

And by in the bush I mean I'm going to a few of the Lord of the Rings locations to check out the scenery. There are many of them close by so today I will be seeing parts of Fangorn Forest, the River Anduin, the Silverlode and Nen Hithoel. I will take pictures and it will probably look the same as all my Milford Sound pictures - nature and scenery. But that's okay because it will mean something to me...as lame as it sounds. Hehe.

So then I'm spending the night up at the Mavora Lakes (which is the actual name of the place that held the locations named above)...probably just sleeping in my car unless I go to the local hardware store and pick up a really cheap tent. I could probably borrow John and Fiona's but they're not home and I don't know where they keep it.

So if all else fails, I have my pillow and comforter and will sleep in the car tonight. This is about as "bush" as Jacquie gets so far. I really would like to sleep right under the stars, but that would require a sleeping bag. Which I don't have. So we'll see what my search brings me as far as equipment goes.

So I'm gunna go make me some lunch, pack my car, pinch some food out of the fridge to last me a day and take off!

Stay tuned for Jacquie's all-alone-at-night bush experience...

(don't worry mom. there are no wild carnivorous animals bigger than ferrets in this country.)

Byeee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home