01 September 2006

4 Hours Down - 10 to Go

The kids have been here since 7:00 pm. It's 11:15 and I'm absolutely knackered. I didn't get my nap in today that I hoped to have before having to be awake with these kids most of the night.

We played about 7 games (messy and not), and it was really great because I had two wonderful helpers to clean up after the kids so that we wouldn't waste a whole lot of time by having me or the kids do it. Then we had a SingStar competition and a Need for Speed Underground 2 tournament. The kids played pool out in the car port and now they're watching "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow". Next is "Daddy Daycare" and then it's lights out (hopefully they'll be tired enough).

I only bought myself 2 caffeine enhanced drinks for the night and I already had one about 2 hours ago. I feel a bit of a crash but I don't want to drink the other one for at least another 2 hours. I may have to bust into the chocolate.

The kids are behaving well so far and there are triple the amount of kids that I was expecting. There would be a few more but they had previous commitments to attend to, and one is grounded from sleepovers altogether. So we would've had 23 but we've got 19. That's quite enough for me anyways, since I'm the only leader actually staying over the whole night.

I find myself having a hard time keeping with discipline and respect because it's my last "Edge" in Te Anau and I don't want to kick anyone out. I have, however, taken someone's cellphone battery away (as I threatened to do if anyone was ever using them). That's about the worst so far. Even the kids that often drive me nuts are super cute to me tonight and I'm having quite a good time - though it's nice to be able to sit back in my office and know that they're all safely locked in the building and that there are only two possible couples that could be making out. But they're super talkative and as long as I can hear one from each couple I know we're safe...hehe

Wow. 12 and 13 year old "couples". How odd.

Well that's all for now. It was nice to get a 10 minute break but I should go watch the movie with them (even though they're not really paying much attention...just talking mostly but I don't care as long as they're not running amuck (is that the right spelling?)

Ok time to go. Update tomorrow probably.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home